Deadly Enterprise Book Club Discussion
1. Was the world building consistent
and credible for the 17th
century world of the Gaians? How did the
contrast between the modern Iskanders
and the stratified society of the Gaians
affect the story?
2. Did your view of the characters
change as the story progressed? Could
you relate to their predicaments?
3. Were the 17th century
characters pushovers or were they smart
within the limitations of their culture?
4. The major character, Gisel, is
somewhat exaggerated, but does she act
consistently and credibly in her role?
5. What specific issues did the
author emphasize throughout the novel?
What do you think he is trying to get
across to the reader?
6. Was there character development in
the story, or were characters unchanged
by their experiences? What events
trigger such changes?
7. Does the story tell you anything
about the authorís attitude to cultures,
technologies, and history? Were there
aspects of Gaian history that were
commensurate with ours?
8. What did you notice about the
alternate Earth setting of the book and
how did it enhance or take away from the
story? Did you recognise any Earth